Each year I try to make something different to hang on the front door. This year I found an old bail of rusty wire dumped in the garden, probably left over from our house renovations.
Quite difficult to manipulate (and resulting in brown coloured hands), I eventually managed to make a basic twisted wreath. This needed livening up to make it look a little more 'Christmassy', so I bought a reel of very fine copper wire. It took over 100 metres of copper to make any impact.
Finally, I found some very delicate, battery operated, LED fairy lights, to highlighted the colours.
Not sure what the neighbours thought, but we loved it......